Class Champion Program
Our Class Champions are a vital part of our Loretto Alumnae community. As a Class Champion, you will be the primary contact for classmates of your graduating year whether it be for Loretto Abbey or Loretto College School.
You have probably already taken on the “unofficial” role of social convenor, reunion organizer, administrator, or cheerleader for your class – so why don’t you join forces with the Loretto Alumnae Association? – to help us keep informed of your class’ activities.
Class Champions are the heart of their class, and provide our alumnae community with invaluable assistance in making sure that our alumnae network is the best that it can be for all of our graduates.
Purpose of role
To help maintain strong bonds among the members of your class, whether you attended Loretto College School or Loretto Abbey.
Each Champion will complete a minimum of a 1-year term with the option for renewal.
Support from the Loretto Alumna Association
* Some very limited support for organizing events i.e. providing examples of events and activities from other classes
* Promoting reunions on our eNewsletter and social media channels
* Update your Class List on an ongoing basis
* Provide ideas for alumnae spotlights, submit photos, write blog posts, and provide other ideas for content.
* Identify/recruit other Class Champions to help where appropriate, and identify/recruit a successor at end of your term.
* Organize a class-specific event per year (if possible, or at least every 5 years), that we would be happy to promote in our eNewsletter and/or social channels
* Encourage your class to attend the annual Order of Mary Ward Tribute event, which happens in the fall every year
* Email/call classmates leading up to event to remind/persuade classmates, also creates a personalized feel
* Encourage alumnae to join our LinkedIn Group, self-identify ad alumnae and connect with your fellow classmates on LinkedIn
* Encourage alumnae to join us on other social channels and subscribe to our eNewsletter
Anticipated time commitment
* Approximately 10 – 25 hours per year
* This is a “remote” role